Friday, September 20, 2013

Dog Pee

Do you guys remember the scene in the book, Marley & Me, where Marley releases his explosive diarrhea at the dog beach? In the water?

WHY do dogs do this???

I used to have a yellow lab named Ben that would poop in the water... almost like he thought he was hiding it and no one would notice he'd just pooped. I assume this because he always "did his business" off in the bushes where he thought no one would see.

My other dog, a German Shephard named Layla, was potty trained by her previous owners to poop right outside there back door and come right back in the house. For the rest of her life, she would poop right at your feet and turn around with this proud look on her face like, "See Mom, I pooped good, right?!"

So, Charlie doesn't poop in water, but she does pee in water. Again, I'm not sure if she thinks she's being super-stealthy and no one will notice she's peeing, but it's so obvious. And completely embarrassing.

Does your dog pee or poop in the water?
 
 

 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. No, I've never had a dog do that, pee in the water. However, my dogs have all been "landlubbers." In the past, I spent a lot of time with my mother's yellow lab, who never met a mud puddle, creek, pond, river, or lake that she didn't like, but she never did that.

    Maybe it's like little kids who are having too much fun to get out of the pool? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe so! It does seem to happen when we've been playing for awhile and Charlie has a tendency to forget to take a break... I think all of a sudden the "urge" hits and she just goes wherever she happens to be!

      Delete