Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day + Photo Flashback

Last year we went swimming at our Secret Spot for Labor Day and Charlie got to wear her new Ruffwear Float Coat.

Isn't she beautiful? God, I love this dog.


This year I took full advantage of it being Labor Day Weekend and made time to relax and catch up on projects around the house. I lazed about drinking coffee and reading books on the front porch, made mojitos to sip in the backyard while playing fetch with Charlie and had a small fire in our fire pit last night while trying to gaze at stars through the intermittent clouds. I woke up this morning feeling well-rested and smelling faintly of campfire.

But Charlie has had enough of this "being lazy" routine and isn't going to put up with it for another day. I did not plan ahead and figure out where to go hiking this weekend, so I'm off to peruse my Gazetteer and make a plan for the day before Charlie gets too obnoxious.

Hope you're enjoying your Labor Day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment