Sunday, January 5, 2014

Comfort Food + Reminders of Summer

While some crazy people were making their way into Lambeau Field today for what could be one of the Packers coldest games ever, I was cooking up some comfort food to reminisce the summer.

I found some amazingly beautiful strawberries at the grocery store which inspired me to make a strawberry pie...


And while I was at it, I decided to whip up my dad's recipe for whole-wheat pizza crust and bake myself a Spinach-Tomato-Feta pizza...


Fresh veggies for dinner and delicious strawberries for dessert, I can almost feel a warm breeze on my cheek... well, maybe not, but the food was fabulous and helped distract me from the frigid temperatures outside.

After eating half a pizza and half a strawberry pie (yes, all by myself) I'm looking forward to doing some major hiking next weekend (when temperatures return to normal) to burn off these calories!

Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment