Thursday, February 20, 2014

Dog Mom Mug ~ An Indoor Project

With a huge blizzard/snowstorm in full swing, sometimes you have to give up finding outdoor activities (other than shoveling) and find something warm and fun to do indoors!

Last week some friends and I attended "Ladies Night" at Clay Corner Studio in Wausau. We brought a bottle of wine and sampled some snacks while browsing the selection of plain clay creations ready for painting.

Once our selections were made and paint colors chosen, we cracked open the bottle of wine and went to work creating art while chatting about everything from jobs to men.

I kept my project simple (and easy) since I'm not very artistic when it comes to "freehand." I considered using stencils and other tips/tricks to make my creation look more professional, but then I resorted to just letting it be "me."

And I love it. I picked up my "peasant style" mug almost a week later and am very happy with how it turned out. Even though I don't see much of an art career in my future, it was definitely a fun way to spend an evening with friends.

And now I have a mug on my desk that announces to the world how important my dog is to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment