Sunday, March 8, 2015

Springing Forward

 

I have to admit that this has been an extremely lazy winter for us. Charlie's exercise needs have slowly tapered off as she's gotten older and I think she understood that I needed to do a little heart-healing this winter and just hibernate.


But with recent temps FINALLY getting warmer, we've picked up our daily walking routine again and begun our weekend hiking excursions! I'm loving all the sunshine and fresh air, but I'm also painfully aware of how out of shape I've gotten. <<sigh>>

Tired puppy on way home from hiking.

Slowly but surely, we'll get back into peak performance. Immersing ourselves back into nature along with the moving meditation of walking has improved my mood so much! We're putting "hibernation season" behind us and springing forward full-speed into a new season.

VIDEO ~ That's a happy tail!


1 comment:

  1. Awww, what a cutie! Congratulations on getting back on the trail! I can't wait to do the same when I get back to Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete