Thursday, March 1, 2018

In Like a Lamb



This time of year, there is a tiny sliver of time between when I get home from work and when the sun goes down. On these days when the temps get above freezing during the day, the snowbanks along the sidewalks melt. And it seems that the puddles and wet spots turn to ice the minute the sun goes down. Not ideal for walking.


Charlie and I have attempted walks after work almost every night this week and within a block I know I'm risking falling if I continue on. So, regrettably, I pull Charlie back home. I avoid her quizzical looks of "why are we going home already" because I have no way to explain to her just how dangerous the icy sidewalks are to me.

I loathe this time of year when it finally gets warm enough to walk but the icy sidewalks are just not worth the risk. It's such a tease.


In any case, I rushed home after work tonight to *hopefully* get a walk in before the sidewalks iced up.

And we got lucky! It worked. We had a beautiful walk while watching the end of the sunset and were surprised with a beautiful full rising moon!


It felt great to finally get some good walking in without the tense stiffness that I usually have after walking on ice.

Such a perfect way to start a new month!


2 comments:

  1. The ice is tough, isn't it? This past weekend was great here in Madison--highs above 45, and above freezing at night. I got a great hike in on Sunday afternoon, which felt fabulous. It looks like Charlie was very happy with the conditions, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice is terrible! It's always a tease this time of year between the melting ice and the snowstorms. Oh well. Glad to hear you had a good hike! We're hoping for more opportunities as the month progresses! Having a chance to tire Charlie out makes BOTH of us happy.

      Delete