Monday, April 16, 2018

Frostbite in April?

I'm probably exaggerating, but seriously, it feels like I got frostbite on our walk tonight. It was the most miserable walk I've taken in a long time.

Ice has returned to the Wisconsin River.

When I got home from work tonight, the dogs were really wound up and obviously needed to get some exercise. I figured it would take more than backyard fetch to tire them out and I really want to get Jake on a good routine of daily walks so he knows what he can count on each day, so I talked myself into taking a walk even though it felt pretty cold out.

The ski hill in the background is still operating... in April.

Actually when I checked my cellphone for the temperature, it said it was 28 degrees, which in April should feel more like 35. But no. With the extreme windchill, I think it was more like 2 degrees.

My legs are REALLY red and hot, like burning hot. Which is weird because they're freezing.

The dogs are tired though, and that was the goal. I'm going to snuggle in bed and get warm now. Wake me up when spring gets here.