Thursday, August 23, 2018

Swamp Dogs


Last weekend we headed to one of our local favorite hiking/swimming parks. I knew at this time of year that the water would likely be filled with blue-green algae, but the last time we were here wasn't too bad and I was hopeful.





Unfortunately the water was terrible. Total pea soup. Worse. More like toxic green sludge.




But having two water dogs, there was no way I could keep them out of it. We tried staying on the hiking trails, but there were areas where the trail got close to the water's edge, so they took a dip.




At least I kept them from full-on swimming in it. But they did romp around and surely got some in their mouths. Luckily neither of them developed any tummy troubles from our outing.



Deer and raccoon tracks with dewy spiderwebs.

It was worth it though to see them running together, sharing sticks and exploring. I absolutely love watching these two play together!