Wednesday, March 27, 2013

40!

No... it's not my birthday (although that number is coming around soon enough)... we finally hit 40 degrees today for the first time this year! There were miniature rivers flowing down sidewalks and you could hear the constant drip, drip, drip of water melting off rooftops. Snowbanks are receding and I actually wore tennis shoes on my walk to work today instead of boots! Such happiness. We're expected to have highs in the 40's for a couple more days and then reverting back to 30 degree temps next week.

One ugly side-effect of snow-melt is as the layers of snow are peeled back, garbage is exposed everywhere. I'm going to have to start carrying a garbage bag with me on our hikes to clean up the trails ~ it grosses me out so badly.

The area schools are on Spring Break this week and our neighborhood (which has an elementary school a block away) has been so quiet. Even traffic has decreased a bit. I hope the kids are enjoying some of the sun and warmth while it lasts. I have such school-day nostalgia as I pack my lunch each morning and strap on my backpack for the walk to work. It almost makes it feel a little less like work on the days I walk... which is why I'm glad the weather has improved enough to make this a daily habit!

Happy Walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment