Sunday, March 31, 2013

Treasure Hunt: Picnic Island

As most people are attending church this morning or heading off for an Easter-egg hunt, Charlie and I took a drive over to Picnic Island park near downtown Wausau to search for a key.

Yep, you read that right, a key.

A couple of months ago we received the charter issue of Our Wisconsin magazine in the mail - a new magazine with photos and stories about life in Wisconsin. I immediately signed up for the discounted new member subscription. To gain interest in the magazine, they're having a "Wisconsin Treasure Hunt" to find a hidden key in a public park and win a new KIA Soul. Each issue gives additional clues as to the whereabouts of the hidden key and eliminates a few more counties where the key is not hidden; my home county, Marathon County, is still on the possibility list.


So each weekend, as Charlie and I head out for our hikes, I spend a considerable amount of time nonchalantly (so as not to draw attention to myself) searching for this key. Last month the clue stated "It's attached to wood" and the clue in this month's issue was "Nice place for a picnic" so naturally I had to check out Picnic Island park in Wausau... alas, no key was found today.


I'll continue to search during our hikes and outings, but honestly I wish someone would just find it and put me out of my misery! It would be a lot easier to enjoy our hikes if I wasn't distracted searching for a key all the time.

I've procrastinated on getting my taxes done, so it's time to buckle down and finish up today. I'm off to eat my grilled cheese lunch and get to work.

Happy Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment