|A rainbow of all-natural goodness!|
When the awesome people at Sojos heard how much Charlie loves their food, they offered to send me some more of their products to try! How cool is that?
Charlie was pretty impressed with the box of goodies! There were a few bags of freeze-dried dog food mix (Original Recipe, Fruit & Veggie, Raw Turkey) and an assortment of biscuits. I opened the box of Apple Dumpling biscuits first and the delicious aroma prompted me to pop one of these adorable mini-biscuits into my own mouth.
Yep - I ate a dog biscuit.
Once you read the ingredient list on the box, you might be tempted to eat one too because they are made with really awesome ingredients!
After having tried all the treats and dog food mixes, here are the top five things I love about Sojos:
1. EASY TO MAKE! The freeze dried dog food mixes are so easy to make. I like to give the food plenty of time to rehydrate, so before bed I scoop out 1 cup of food mix into a container, add about 1+ cup of water, stir and refrigerate overnight. In the morning I scoop a serving into a bowl for Charlie and stir in her Omega-3 fish oil supplement. I don't have to get my hands dirty or use a lot of dishes; it's just one step and you're done!
2. WHOLE INGREDIENTS! I'm so impressed with the ingredients used in the treats and food mixes and totally feel confident that I'm feeding my dog something healthy. As an example, here are the ingredients in a few of the packages:
Apple Dumpling Treats: Oat flour, rolled oats, apples, canola oil, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs, honey.
Lamb/Sweet Potato Treats (grain free): Bean flour, lamb, sweet potatoes, canola oil, eggs.
Fruit & Veggie Dog Food Mix (add your own meat): sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli, celery, apples, whole egg, cranberries, tricalcium phosphate, flax seed meal, parsley leaf, carob powder, dried kelp, alfalfa, ginger root, garlic, sunflower oil, vitamin D3 supplement.
3. WHEAT-FREE AND GRAIN-FREE OPTIONS! If you've done any research on dog food nutrition, you probably know that wheat isn't good for your dog. All of the Sojos food is Wheat-Free and Corn-Free or completely Grain-Free.
4. FREE TREATS! Every bag of freeze-dried dog food mix comes with a free treat sample inside. It's like finding a prize in a box of Cracker Jacks!
5. VARIETY OF TREAT SIZES/FLAVORS! I love that the treats come in different sizes. Our box contained 3 different sized treats: BIG DOG in Beef Stew flavor, Regular gourmet biscuits in Bacon Cheddar and Lamb/Sweet Potato flavor and the tiniest little biscuits in Apple Dumpling flavor. These tiny biscuits are perfect for little dogs to prevent over-treating and my mom's Chihuahua-mix, Peanut, loved them! Additionally, if you like to bake your dog "special occasion" dog-cakes or pupcakes, these tiny bone-shaped biscuits make fun decorations!
|Photo courtesy of Katzenbarkers Natural Pet Food & Supplies (www.Katzenbarkers.com)|
I'm really happy to have healthy raw food options for Charlie, including Sojos. The raw food diet is still pretty new to me and Charlie and we're slowly becoming more adventurous. I've had fun experimenting adding my own fresh raw meat to the fruit & veggie pre-mix, but on the days when I don't have fresh meat handy (or forgot to thaw some from the freezer) I can opt to use the beef or turkey pre-mixes. Charlie has been excited to broaden her dietary horizons and Sojos is making it easier to provide her with a healthy raw diet. Thank you Sojos!