Saturday, April 5, 2014

Choose Our Next Hike!


Charlie and I have a fairly aggressive hiking/camping schedule for this year... that is, as soon as it's warm enough for camping and roadtripping around the state to explore a bunch of new areas!

The weather this morning is a chilly 15 degrees with vibrant blue skies and a bronze sunrise sparkling off all the ice-covered branches in our neighborhood. It's beautiful. But it's also April, and I'm ready for the ice and snow to go away.

Shaded hiking trails in the woods are treacherously ice-covered right now and almost impassable when you have a hyper 40-lb. dog strapped to you! Once Charlie gets in the woods, we have one speed: GO! She forgets the other words I've taught her like, "Wait" or "Stay by Mom." And I hate falling, so I'm embarrassed to admit I've been avoiding hiking lately.


But I've been reading some great hiking reports around the state and beyond, and while I'm sometimes jealous of the beauty these people are experiencing, I remember the beauty that is available in my own state and the many people who have found pleasure in perusing my own trail reports.

So I got to wondering, if YOU could choose our next hike, what trail would you choose? If you're so inspired, faithful reader, take a moment to enter your comment below or on Facebook or Twitter and let me know where you would like Charlie and me to hike next! I'd love to hear your suggestions.

And just to say "thanks" for reading my blog and taking the time to comment, if I choose your suggestion, I'll send you a box of Kanine Kitchen dog treats!

I can't wait to see what you come up with...

Can you find the little yellow dog behind me?

No comments:

Post a Comment