Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Moving on

So I got my new boots yesterday. You can read the post about my old boots here. After four years, it was obvious that it's time to retire the old boots, but letting go of that worn-in comfort is hard to do. Don't get me wrong, the new boots are great and I know there are a lot of people out there who would feel like they won the lottery if they had a nice pair of new boots. But they're just not the same as the old ones. There's something to be said about a pair of shoes that mold themselves so perfectly around your feet.


I was really tempted to return the new ones today. But after wearing them around the house for 30 minutes, I realized that my old ones probably felt this foreign to me when they were new too. Eventually these new ones will "break in" and will start to bend in all the right places. My old boots have taken me a lot of places, but the new ones have untold adventures ahead of them.

Just like any new thing, it takes a little getting used to, but after awhile it feels right.

No comments:

Post a Comment