Sunday, April 21, 2013

Greenhouse Therapy: Down To Earth

Sticking with the theory, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em," I decided to combat the winter blues with a visit to our favorite local greenhouse on this dreary Sunday morning.


It's chilly, damp and snowing again this morning, but we were greeted with the smell of damp earth and sweet petunias as we entered the greenhouse at Down To Earth Greenhouse in Wausau. If you're looking for a place to uplift your spirits and reconnect with gardening, this is the place for you! When they say "Welcome to paradise in Wisconsin," they're not kidding. I'll let the following pictures speak for themselves.










My hair frizzed out from the humidity inside the greenhouses and I had sweat dripping down my back... a welcome feeling when you emerge into wind and snow. Charlie was patiently waiting for me in the Jeep. Such a sweetheart. We'll be off for a hike this afternoon, braving the weather again. But seriously, if the winter blues are hitting you hard, head to your local greenhouse and be revitalized - it really works!



Click here to view the full photo tour on Flickr. (The faerie gardens were my favorite). Enjoy!