Thursday, March 6, 2014

Spring is in the air!

I had a chance to play with Charlie in the backyard during lunch yesterday and REALLY enjoyed the sunshine, blue skies and warmer weather so much I hesitated to return to work!


In all honesty, the sky was SO BLUE and the sun was SO BRIGHT that it almost hurt to be outside. Even with sunglasses on I felt like I was sun-blind.


The snow on rooftops looked like marshmallow fluff and each layer from every previous snowstorm was visible. The sunlight made playful shadows and revealed the shades of blue in the snow while setting off a rainbow of sparkles from the snow crystals. Stunning.


It was also a sweet relief to hear the drip-drip-drip of snow melting off the roof; spring is definitely in the air. A cool dampness swirled in the breeze but the sun kept me warm. I wish I could have found a dry spot to lay on my back and just stare at all the shades of blue above me until the sun finally set. I think Charlie would have been okay with that plan as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment