Friday, February 10, 2017

Full Moon Urban Hike


After a week of freezing cold temps and treacherously icy sidewalks, it warmed up enough today to allow for a safe walk. And just in time, since it was the full moon as well!

Charlie and I enjoyed an hour-plus long walk along the frozen Wisconsin River and then through downtown Wausau to check out the ice sculptures on the 400 Block.


The recent freezing rain has made a shiny and somewhat surreal glaze over all the snowbanks. I was thankful that the sidewalks were fairly dry so I could focus my attention on the moon and stars in the sky and city lights reflecting off the snow and ice instead of watching my footing and missing out on all the great sights.



It was an urban hike full of beautiful nighttime scenery and the fresh air and exercise felt wonderful! With warmer temps sticking around for a while, I'm looking forward to a weekend full of snowshoeing and hiking with my favorite hiking partner - Charlie!


No comments:

Post a Comment