Sunday, January 13, 2019

No Snow


We never got the snow that we were supposed to get this weekend. Sidewalks and hiking trails are still icy in most spots. While I don't mind the "no shoveling" part of not having snow, this bare icy ground is getting old. I wanted Jake to have a chance to play in the snow this winter... diving into piles of snow and digging out buried tennis balls with a face full of snowflakes.


In the meantime, we're making the best of what we've got. Yesterday's weather consisted of freezing mist. It lent a nice glowing light to the scenery, but it was bitterly cold with the light wind.


We hiked for a bit and tried out my new camera lens, but the chilly dampness kept us from going too far or staying out too long. My hands were frozen by the time we got back to the car... I could barely feel my fingertips.


Thankful for the thermos of hot coffee back at the car, we slowly thawed out on the drive home. Roads were slippery with the freezing mist, so travel was slow.

Back home, we all laid down for a short nap in a warm bed... snuggled together for warmth.

Still hoping for some snow soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment