Sunday, November 24, 2013

Four Degrees + Friendship


There was absolute stillness this morning as Charlie and I took a brisk (and brief) walk through the neighborhood. At just four degrees, the icy air hurt to breathe but the snow crystals sparkled in the early dawn light and the half moon shone brightly above, making the walk worth the discomfort.

Exposed skin could quickly become frost-bit at these temperatures, so I knew we would not be hiking today. In addition to the extremely low temperature, this weekend was also opening weekend for gun-deer season in Wisconsin and I typically avoid hiking during this time anyway.

Today was going to be a day for indulging one of my passions - baking!

Inspiration struck in the kitchen as I whipped up a batch of Chocolate-Peppermint Biscotti and Walnut Fudge, then later filling cookie sheets with Ginger-Molasses and Chocolate-Chip Oatmeal cookies. Care packages to friends and family will be mailed out tomorrow, packed with all the goodies created today, spreading smiles and love with their arrival.


I have made a lot of good friends through this blog in the past year, possibly more friends than I've ever had at any time in my life. And I don't just mean "social media" friends; I'm talking about real people... the kind of people you can call in a crisis and they're there for you. Never in my life could I have imagined the internet would open up my world so much, but it's true and it's undeniable.

In the spirit of friendship, I finally joined Twitter this weekend! I'd love to connect with you and make even more friends so I've added some social media buttons to my blog to make connecting with me even easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment