Thursday, November 28, 2013

So Thankful

We enjoyed a quiet and very small Thanksgiving today... just me, my mom, our two dogs and a cat. The radio was tuned to the Christmas music channel as we sat down to enjoy a long, leisurely meal while giving thanks for this wonderful year.

 
There was so much for us to be thankful for as we started reminiscing about the many hiking and travel adventures we experienced throughout the year, choosing our favorites while appreciating each other's company. The dogs were just grateful to have some chicken scraps and spoonfuls of sweet potatoes!
 

I hope all my family, friends and readers are also having an enjoyable Thanksgiving and taking a moment to be grateful. Even in the toughest of times, there is always something to be grateful for. I know this because while we've had a fun-filled year, it has also been full of challenges. But remember that you always have a choice to make the best of it; to make lemonade out of lemons.

...I have a puppy nosing my elbow and trying to crawl into my lap so I guess it's time to sign off and get back to the family, plus the homemade apple crisp with vanilla custard is calling me. I hope I have room for dessert!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment