Saturday, November 30, 2013

Small Business Saturday + Dog-Lover Gifts

***Warning: this post contains shameless self-promotion!

www.KanineKitchen.net

In 2011 after adopting my dog, Charlie, I began baking dog treats at home due to her constant digestive issues. I had so many treats leftover that I began giving them away to friends and family. These people requested more treats and suggested that I start a business selling them.

So I did! After tons of research, I started the Kanine Kitchen Dog Treat Bakery in January 2012 with just a website and a dream.

The treats were such a hit that within a few months, four local retailers began carrying them in their stores, including a natural pet food store, Katzenbarkers, and the local whole food market, Downtown Grocery. I also began purchasing ingredients for the dog biscuits from The Planted Seed and Owl Ridge General Store... and they also became outlets for selling my treats.

People love to support local businesses and give gifts of locally-made products, and since today is Small Business Saturday, it makes sense to promote my own small business while giving thanks to the other small businesses that make mine possible.

If you're looking for a unique gift idea for dog-lovers on your holiday list, check out the Kanine Kitchen website and take advantage of our $5.00 holiday shipping special*!



*Due to pet food regulations, we currently ship to continental U.S. addresses only - sorry for any inconvenience.

1 comment:

  1. The story behind on how you come up with the idea really got me hooked. It just started with you finding a solution to solve Charlie’s digestive problem, and presto; Your Kanine Kitchen Dog Treat Bakery was born! It’s really a unique treat to our loving pets. Cheers!

    Roxanne Boyd @ Business Coach San Diego

    ReplyDelete