Sunday, January 12, 2014

January Anniversary

It's hard to believe it's been a year since I started this blog. This same week a year ago, I was affixing my new state park sticker to the windshield of my Jeep and anticipating a year's worth of adventures and exploration ~ which I'm happy to say met my expectations perfectly!

I didn't get a 2014 state park sticker for Christmas, like last year, so I'll head out to a local park office soon to purchase my own.

While most of our adventures happen on the Ice Age Trail and county parks that require no admission fees, there are just as many adventures to be had in the state park system... including good camping!

Since this winter's weather hasn't been conducive to getting much hiking done, I've resorted to consulting my maps and making plans for the rest of the year instead. I've mapped out my tentative plan for hiking segments of the Ice Age Trail, and many of those trips will require 3-day camping weekends.

I hope you enjoyed the past year's trail reports and continue to check back for even more throughout 2014... and so, another year of adventure begins!

2 comments: