Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Snow Day!


We've been hit hard with a lot of snow over the past week. The sky dumped about 15 inches of snow on us today... on top of the 12 inches we already had from last week. Looking around at the enormous piles of snow, it's hard to believe there was no snow just a week ago. Lesson learned: be careful what you wish for!



I took the day off work today since my little car likely would have gotten stuck either on my way to work or on my way home. Plus I figured it would be best to clear the snow from my driveway and sidewalks continually throughout the day.

VIDEO - Tour of Snowy Yard (Click Link:)


It turned out to be a good decision because people were already getting stuck on the road in front of my house right away this morning... and continued to get stuck all day long. Neighbors stepped up and helped strangers dig and push their cars out of impossibly deep snow.


There was already 6 inches of snow on the ground for my first round of shoveling after breakfast. I took a short break mid-morning and then headed back out before lunch to shovel another 6 inches (it was coming down fast!).


After lunch I tackled the deep and very compact snow at the end of my double-wide driveway where the snowplows dumped all the snow from the road as they passed by. This took another hour.

VIDEO - Dogs Playing in Yard (Click Link):


VIDEO - Snow Day Games (Click Link):


With lunch behind me and a short break to bake some Valentine's cookies for Alan, I headed back out to clear another couple of inches again.


In between all the necessary shoveling, I played with the dogs in the backyard and shoveled out race tracks for them to play in. Jake absolutely LOVES snow... even more than Charlie (which I never thought possible). Watching them joyfully bounce through giant snow piles made all the hard work of actual shoveling worthwhile.

They reminded me that snow days can be fun too... not just all work.

VIDEO(Click Link):

Alan's Valentine's cookies!




No comments:

Post a Comment